Pillow Talk - Questions and Answers About Sleep

Questions and Answers About Sleep

Lately when I use my PCAP I am awakened by a snorkeling sound in the tubing. It has water in it and there is water in the mask. I have to use the heated humidifier to prevent nosebleeds, but I can't take another night of being awakened by the snorkeler. ANY suggestions?

Views: 613

Replies to This Discussion

Ambient temperature & relative humidity vary by season. When you get mask & tubing rain out like that, back down the temperature setting on your humidifier until you get more acceptable results. As the seasons change, you may have to increase or decrease the temperature setting to get optimal results.
i have had this problem also ,my water canister was filled to high. blew water into the tubeing and up into the mask.thought i was drowning .

RSS

Latest Activity

Kelly P posted a status
"Feel free to find me on FB (Kelly Snowboots) or insta (kellysnowboots). kellysnowboots on twitter too. hoping some of u see this:)"
Sep 19
Kelly P posted a status
"this page has not been active in a LONG time. but i need support & we need to spread more awareness. I feel alone."
Sep 19
Kelly P posted a status
"and now my N is back full force with a vengence :( so now the past 3 months has been reoccuring torture"
Sep 19
Kelly P posted a status
"hiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone still here???? i just signed on after so many years! been super busy with the baby, whos now 4!!"
Sep 19
Kelly P and Pamela Thomason are now friends
Sep 19
Dr. David O. Volpi posted a blog post

Understanding Sinusitis — A General Q&A

Do you or someone you know suffer from sinus problems? You’re not alone. Around 40 million people in the U.S. are affected by sinusitis every year, and 33 million cases of chronic sinusitis are reported annually to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.What is…See More
Jun 18

Family support increases CPAP therapy in patients, new study says

Attention families of people with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA): you can make a positive difference when it comes to your family member’s use of a Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) machine to treat their OSA.According to…See More
Jun 9

New study says stress can worsen allergy symptoms

By David Volpi, M.D., P.C., F.A.C.S. As a practicing otolaryngology surgeon for more than twenty years at New York’s finest teaching hospitals, I’ve seen firsthand the effect that the mind can have on the body.  That’s why I wasn’t surprised to read a recent study claiming that persistent stress can worsen allergy symptoms.The study, which was published in the April issue of Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, the scientific journal of the American College of Allergy, Asthma and…See More
May 14

Sleep Foundation Tweets!

Events

About

© 2014   Created by sleepfoundation.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service